I’m a sucker for Cheesecake Factory, and not just because my cousin is a server. Not only do I like the food, but the cheesecake… I’m not much of a cheesecake maker, either, but I tried this and wow. It’s close to the real Cheesecake Factory Snickers cheesecake recipe, that’s for sure. It’s definitely worth a try!
1 pk (9-oz) chocolate wafer cookies (like Oreos without the creme)
4 tbs butter, melted
3 8-oz squares cream cheese, softened
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c heavy cream
1 1/2 lbs snack-size Snickers bars, cut into sixths
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grind cookies into fine crumbs in a food processor.
3. Add butter and mix until well blended.
4. Press into bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9-1/2-or 10-inch springform pan.
5. In a large bowl beat cream cheese and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until smooth for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
7. Beat in vanilla and cream, beat 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Fold in 1-1/2 cups cut-up Snickers pieces.
9. Turn into the cookie-lined pan.
10. Bake 1 hour and 15 to 25 minutes, or until cheesecake is almost set but center still jiggles slightly.
11. Let cool to room temperature.
12. Sprinkle remaining Snickers pieces over top of cheesecake.
13. Refrigerate at least 4 to 5 hours before serving.
14. Remove springform pan.
15. Just before serving, drizzle fudge topping over cheesecake, and top with whipped cream.