I love chili. It’s like really chunky soup. Throw in some oyster crackers or ladle it onto some rice and I’m in heaven! This creamy white chili tastes great, is nice and filling, and isn’t terribly unhealthy.
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, washed and cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
vegetable oil, for sauteing
2 – 15 oz cans white beans, rinsed and drained
2 tsp chicken bullion or to taste
2 cup water, adjust if needed
2 – 4 oz cans green chilies, chopped
1/2 t salt or to taste
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Heat oil in a large non-stick pot over medium heat.
2. Saute chicken, onion and garlic powder until chicken is no longer pink.
3. Add beans, bullion, water, chilies and seasonings.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream and heavy cream.
6. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped onions, shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream, sliced avocado, tortilla strips, or whatever you can dream up!